Business Intelligence Manager
Off Grid Electric is a growth-stage startup on a mission to light a million homes in Africa with clean, affordable solar energy.
The Business Intelligence Manager will accelerate us towards this mission by harnessing data to drive focus and good decisions.
The Business Intelligence Manager will lead our business intelligence function by generating data-driven insights to guide operating strategy; developing dashboards, metrics, and reports; and shaping the vision of how we use data as a company.
We’ll count on you to do the following:
Manage our pipeline of business intelligence projects and requests:
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly dashboards and other reporting
- Respond to and prioritize inbound data and analytics requests
- Communicate data infrastructure needs and issues to the software team
- Recruit, support, and train entry-level business intelligence analysts
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of business metrics
Support our quarterly strategic planning and performance tracking:
- Use data to identify key drivers of business and customer success
- Monitor and evaluate ongoing strategic initiatives
- Prepare presentations for company leadership
Manage strategic business intelligence projects:
- Design and lead in-depth quantitative analyses to generate insights around key functions (e.g., customer acquisition, retention, and last-mile distribution)
- Conduct statistical analysis and modeling to track progress, identify trends, forecast performance, and suggest refinements to business operations (e.g., sales incentives; logistics and manufacturing processes; customer service and payment management interventions)
- Develop corporate data dictionary, Looker training materials, data analysis best practices, and other aspects of the OGE business intelligence playbook
- University degree, ideally in Computer Science, Math, or Economics/Business
- 3+ years in consulting, finance, or other quantitatively rigorous position
- Experience with product/project management (i.e., ability to balance priorities, clarify stakeholder requirements, lead cross-functional efforts, pay keen attention to detail, and generally keep deliverables on schedule)
- Proficiency with SQL and/or statistical analysis
- Comfort designing and preparing spreadsheet analysis and slide presentations
- Fluency in English
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Math, or Economics/Business
- Fluency in Swahili or French
- Previous experience with renewable energy, consumer financing, or African markets
- Proficiency with Looker
Flexible (ideally, based in Arusha, Tanzania or a compatible time zone)
Director of Operations
Send us info about yourself to email@example.com. We’ll get the ball rolling from there!